Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
时间:2023-12-04 04:36:08 出处:부동산阅读（143）
The labor union of Kia Corp., South Korea's second-largest automaker, said Sunday it has failed to settle wage talks with the company again, raising the possibility of it staging a partial strike starting later this week.
Unless the two sides resume negotiations and reach an agreement by Tuesday, the union is expected to go on an eight-hour strike from Tuesday to Thursday and a 12-hour walkout on Oct. 20 as planned.
The move by Kia's union came as unionized workers of Hyundai Motor Co. voted last month to accept this year's wage deal, averting a strike for the fifth consecutive year. (Yonhap)
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- [From the scene] Eye
- Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
- Big firms' debt
- Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
- Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft